Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Talk and Text Promo Plan

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Facebook Organic Post.png

Update: We will be ending this promo on July 12th 11:59 pm EDT. Please note, if you order your SIM card now, you may not get it in time to get this promotion

Hey Community,

We have some exciting news! For a limited time, Public Mobile is offering the following promotional plan:

Unlimited province-wide talk and global text on a 90-day plan for $81 ($27/month) on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network.

Looking to sweeten the deal? Add Auto-Pay to your account upon activation or renewal and you’ll save an extra $2/30 days.  This means you could get unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text for $25/30 days or $75 for 90 days! And don’t forget about all the other Rewards you can earn.

Check out the full details below to see how you, your friends, and your family can take advantage of this awesome plan.

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited period of time
  • Once an end date is communicated, it will be the last day to activate on the promo plan.  The promotional price will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the promotional plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer you can sign up for the promotional plan in self-serve. Just paid for your next 30/90 days? Don’t worry, you can future date a rate plan at any time during the promotion. This means after your current service period is up, you will automatically be switched to the promo plan.  

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in the promotional plan, you will need to call into the call centre in order to change your plan to the promotional plan. Please note that once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and you will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers

As a new customer, you can sign up for the promo plan during the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first! Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only so, if you want to take advantage of it, be sure to activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service.

Public Mobile Community team

230 REPLIES 230

Myra
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Someone can help.me ive lost my old sim card and i bought the new one but before to activate the sim card need to pay first but my plan is 120 and my next payment will be on may 20 and i want to have my old number
Please help me

True it's a great plan I m adding wife tomorrow getting sim tomorrow also my sister n few friends coming too
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

pckku
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Bravo Public Mobile!  Text feature has become an indispensible tool for everyday use and I am very happy Public Mobile recognises the needs of their customers. I am sure this new promotion will attract many new customers who, simply need basic talk and text. Thanl you Public Mobile!

It's perfect for senior citizens since the reception is top notch

Freedom he also offered 25 a month as well Canada wide but it's just to make a call you have to call 3 times to get it done n drop calls signal lost not etc etc lists goes on

This is perfect when nèd to call they only need to dial once awesome deal not awesome pm
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Perfect for grandma grandpa!

espresso
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nice! I'm thinking of getting my parents on board with this deal!

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@srlawren

Ah, okay.  Got it.  Thanks.  🙂

That's cool got it now I m about to setup my wife account 25 dollars one waiting on sim to get delivered

srlawren

@SD08 you don't need to add ANYTHING else to this plan to send and receive MMS messages.  A data add-on is NOT required for MMS.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

It's more like u have to have data turn on right it's a great idea to get 200 mb 10 dollars since They roll over u won't be losing anything it's just gonna sit there if u don't use it

SD08

@MarieHelene_L wrote:

Hey @canucks4life,

Thanks for the great question! I'll be glad to clarify the MMS/data confusion. 

To answer your question, yes, this plan includes MMS. As long as you have data enabled on your phone, you will be able to send MMS messages even if your plan does not include data!

The reason for this is simply because actual data and MMS do not use data the same way. Imagine data divides in two branches; first branch needs an active data plan to be used and second one doesn't. Your everyday data use goes through the first branch, and your MMS are sent through the second one! That's how I see it!

Let me know if I managed to make myself clear and answer your question Cat Very Happy

Marie 

@MarieHelene_L

In that case, would it be fair to say that this plan combined with a cheap data add-on, for example the 200 MB for $10, which rolls over forever, would enable mms without ever having a real data plan?  (If I recall correctly, you don't actually require a data plan to get a data add-on.)

Great post mod that's will explain the mms requirements and how it's work thx

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @canucks4life,

Thanks for the great question! I'll be glad to clarify the MMS/data confusion. 

To answer your question, yes, this plan includes MMS. As long as you have data enabled on your phone, you will be able to send MMS messages even if your plan does not include data!

The reason for this is simply because actual data and MMS do not use data the same way. Imagine data divides in two branches; first branch needs an active data plan to be used and second one doesn't. Your everyday data use goes through the first branch, and your MMS are sent through the second one! That's how I see it!

Let me know if I managed to make myself clear and answer your question Cat Very Happy

Marie 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

True u only need a data plan but u don't use data while sending mms

srlawren
@canucks4life a data plan is not required for mms. A data connection yes, but a data plan no. This plan includes mms.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Can anyone confirm does this plan only include unlimited SMS ie text only no MMS picture messaging?

Fine print on plans page sub 3 says it includes both SMS/MMS but wonder how that is possible with no data plan as MMS would need to have an active cellular data connection to send/receive pictures.

smp99

This might be ok even if you want a little bit of data. $30 for 1GB add-on that does not expire would be a good option.

I think this could have been something if there was an option to get Cda wide but still maintain the same discount, eg:

$81 for province wide $40 discount (current promo)

$96 for Cda wide $40 discount 

less any loyalties and auto renews

CalvinW

I just helped my parents set up this plan and it went nice and smoothly. 

Definitely can't find anything better with the current competitor plans available.

But I will be out until the next promo. It's going to be a pain transferring my number back to Fido again, and it's only been 3 months.

@srlawren wrote:

@CalvinW Oh gotcha.  Sorry I misunderstood.  I think if you are at that decision point, that you are probably best to look at other options.  PM really doesn't tell us anything about promos in advance (sometimes the oracles hear about it a couple of days ahead but very minimal amount for us also).  I would say that since they just started this new promo, that it's unlikely we will see any other promos until at least some period of time after this one ends, whenever that ends up being.  I would say it's extremely unlikely to be in time for your next renewal date, unfortunately.

Don't jinx it. I didn't even see this one coming lol

collin1215
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kylin18 wrote:

If I refer someone on the $40 plan and get this $25 plan for myself. Will both of us get the "Refer a Friend" reward? Thanks

No, only the refered number will get the credit

kylin18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I refer someone on the $40 plan and get this $25 plan for myself. Will both of us get the "Refer a Friend" reward? Thanks

Thank nddesi for updating me for refferal

srlawren

@CalvinW Oh gotcha.  Sorry I misunderstood.  I think if you are at that decision point, that you are probably best to look at other options.  PM really doesn't tell us anything about promos in advance (sometimes the oracles hear about it a couple of days ahead but very minimal amount for us also).  I would say that since they just started this new promo, that it's unlikely we will see any other promos until at least some period of time after this one ends, whenever that ends up being.  I would say it's extremely unlikely to be in time for your next renewal date, unfortunately.

CalvinW

@srlawren I'm not on it, which is the problem.

I only have the 6 GB per 90 days plan, and it isn't enough. Then jumping to the 12 GB plan without promo is expensive, and you can get a much better deal from other carriers.

srlawren

@CalvinW you do know that you get to keep the 2016 Fall Promo plan if you're already on it, right?  You have no reason not to renew unless you're having an issue of some kind?

CalvinW

I just purchased a new sim card so I can help my dad set up this plan.

But the greater question is still unanswered, when is the next 12 GB promo?

My 90 days plan is coming to end, and I'm unsteady on whether to renew. 

srlawren

@kav2001c wrote:

@joejoe & @srlawren

Faster connection times

Better voice quality

But Telus won't push this to Public for a while still I am thinking

@kav2001c I presume you're referring to VoLTE?  I'm not sure that was the discussion, per se.  The calling and texting being offered here are simple UMTS 3G services.  But they can still refer to their LTE network in marketing since customers can optionally use data add-ons to take advantage of that network.  Plus, advertising an awesome 3G network in 2017 is probably counter-productive.  🙂

@Samianauman wrote:
For sure each refferal get me 1 dollar of per month or 1 dollar off on 90 day plan

Per referral $1 on 30 days plan OR $3 on 90 days plan. 

Did you see it

After u click on plan at public mobile main website u will see this

Create Your Plan
Looking for a talk & text plan? Check out our limited time offers: $25/month* for unlimited text and province-wide talk: Click here
Looking for $40/month talk, text and 2GB of data? Click here and check out our 90 day plan.

All Talk plans include Voice Mail and Call Display.
* on a 90 day plan with a $2 auto-pay reward activated

Click on 25 dollar plan
Need Help? Let's chat.