Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Talk and Text Promo Plan

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Facebook Organic Post.png

Update: We will be ending this promo on July 12th 11:59 pm EDT. Please note, if you order your SIM card now, you may not get it in time to get this promotion

Hey Community,

We have some exciting news! For a limited time, Public Mobile is offering the following promotional plan:

Unlimited province-wide talk and global text on a 90-day plan for $81 ($27/month) on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network.

Looking to sweeten the deal? Add Auto-Pay to your account upon activation or renewal and you’ll save an extra $2/30 days.  This means you could get unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text for $25/30 days or $75 for 90 days! And don’t forget about all the other Rewards you can earn.

Check out the full details below to see how you, your friends, and your family can take advantage of this awesome plan.

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited period of time
  • Once an end date is communicated, it will be the last day to activate on the promo plan.  The promotional price will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the promotional plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer you can sign up for the promotional plan in self-serve. Just paid for your next 30/90 days? Don’t worry, you can future date a rate plan at any time during the promotion. This means after your current service period is up, you will automatically be switched to the promo plan.  

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in the promotional plan, you will need to call into the call centre in order to change your plan to the promotional plan. Please note that once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and you will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers

As a new customer, you can sign up for the promo plan during the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first! Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only so, if you want to take advantage of it, be sure to activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service.

Public Mobile Community team

230 REPLIES 230

@horemans

Not sure I understand what you are saying...

The promo shows on the main page:

Capture d’écran 2017-05-15 à 17.43.34.png

And then if you go lower there is the SIM activation link:

Capture d’écran 2017-05-15 à 17.44.04.png

After clicking this link and starting the activation process, on the 2nd or 3rd page, he then only has to chose "unlimited provincial talk" + "unlimited global text" + "no data" and the total displayed will be $81.

Don't hesitate to clarify your question if this is not answering your problem 🙂

horemans
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Gave my son 2 Sims. He went online and wanted to register before the deadline, however, the deal was not showing so he did not register.
Why do they do this,?
Would it be so hard to put up a note saying.. if you have a Sim click here...
How many other potential customers were put off?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mikedolo sorry, what are you waiting for?  It wasn't entirely clear.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mikedolo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I'm waiting on the same to . Waiting to switch fam from rogers

mikedolo
Best affordable plan around.

DvAbCanEh

This is copied off the main web page under plans

All Talk plans include Voice Mail and Call Display.

But if you need proper full detailed call id I suggest truelcaller app its doesn't use data much but you will get pretty well detailed number information also suggest using true caller text msg app which is part of true caller works pretty good
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Caller id is included but with no name just a number we can see
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Thanks again @srlawren

Do do you happen to know where does it confirm all features on the PM site?  I can't seem to find that info. 

@srlawren wrote:
@Mana precisely that, yes.

Hummm... I have call display for sure, but I don't think I have call ID...? Am I wrong?

EDIT : more info here.

srlawren
@Mana provided the plan includes a talk component, then yes they all come with those things.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Thank you @srlawren

Do all PM plans include all call features such as voice mail, call display, call Id, call forwarding, conference calling, etc?

srlawren
@Mana precisely that, yes.

@Mana wrote:

- province wide unlimited calling (both incoming and outgoing)?

You'll find the description of province-wide talk here.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

What does this plan really include;

- province wide unlimited calling (both incoming and outgoing)?

- global texting?

- voicemail?

- call display/call ID, call forwarding, conference calling, etc?

SD08

@Someone_here wrote:

My guess is that they will disclose an end date at least 1 week before, maybe 2, so SIMs already ordered have the time to arrive... Would at least make sense to me 😉

I agree, that's the most likely scenario - they'll give sufficient notice of when it ends for people to have at least one last opportunity to join.

My guess is that they will disclose an end date at least 1 week before, maybe 2, so SIMs already ordered have the time to arrive... Would at least make sense to me 😉

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@WearySky wrote:

2 - they haven't announced an end date for the promo, but based on the last promo they did, they will give plenty of notice, and also allow anybody to sign up who ordered a sim before the promo ended.

@WearySky FYI they will NOT be honouring past the eventual end date this time.  Once they announce the end date, that will be the final date to activate on this plan, even if you have a SIM order placed before the end but not yet arrived.  

In that case they'd best announce the end date well in advance, to give people time to get in on it ahead of time.  I'd be hella pissed if I ordered a sim card and then they announced the next day that the promo was done. 😛

Yep its hit and miss
That's why I always suggest op I know its 15 dollars more then falls promo but since its all prepaid they should take advantage specially new user or user who have 3 or 6gb plan yesterday I help a user who have a 6gb plan and need a extra data 1gb that's extra 30 dollars if they switch to 55 dollars plan and in future of there's better deal they can always change the plan since pm is truly all prepaid system i would rather pay 15 dollars extra and get double data from 6 to 12gb instead of paying 30 dollars extra for 1gb

srlawren

@WearySky wrote:

2 - they haven't announced an end date for the promo, but based on the last promo they did, they will give plenty of notice, and also allow anybody to sign up who ordered a sim before the promo ended.

@WearySky FYI they will NOT be honouring past the eventual end date this time.  Once they announce the end date, that will be the final date to activate on this plan, even if you have a SIM order placed before the end but not yet arrived.  

Garry
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you snooze....you lose.

Lots of people wishing now that they had jumped on the 12GB fall promo...........don't be another statistic like them!

Order the card and set it up!

Good luck. 🙂

WearySky

@brandoncool wrote:

hi all,

Anyone know when the promotion going to end??

I want to sign up my wife with the plan but don't want to waste money on the sim card if the promotion expire before the sim card get here.

1 - the sim card is only 5 bucks.  

brandoncool
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi all,

Anyone know when the promotion going to end??

I want to sign up my wife with the plan but don't want to waste money on the sim card if the promotion expire before the sim card get here.

brobinson5662

@smp99 wrote:

@brobinson5662 wrote:

If I understand this correctly, in order to be in the US and make and receive phone calls one  would need both the Roaming add-on and a long distance add-on; or will just the roaming work?

Only roaming is required, you do not need the LongDist addon.

Thanks @smp99!

Thank you guys.

srlawren
@Mana yes, this plan is eligible for all rewards.

niloc22

As it is a 90 day plan, then yes it is. I believe it is only the 10 day plans that are not eligible for some of the rewards.  See the following page:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/rewards

Mana
Mayor / Maire
Hi,

Does this plan qualify for all rewards such as:
- Loyalty reward $1 per year price reduction?
- Referral reward?
- all other rewards?

Thanks

smp99

@brobinson5662 wrote:

If I understand this correctly, in order to be in the US and make and receive phone calls one  would need both the Roaming add-on and a long distance add-on; or will just the roaming work?

Only roaming is required, you do not need the LongDist addon.

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I will say that the $15 / 400 minute add-on is a better deal. Not only is the rate lower, you also get to call more countries. Since the minutes never expire, you don't need to worry that it'll take you two years to use those 400 minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.