Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Talk and Text Promo Plan

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Facebook Organic Post.png

Update: We will be ending this promo on July 12th 11:59 pm EDT. Please note, if you order your SIM card now, you may not get it in time to get this promotion

Hey Community,

We have some exciting news! For a limited time, Public Mobile is offering the following promotional plan:

Unlimited province-wide talk and global text on a 90-day plan for $81 ($27/month) on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network.

Looking to sweeten the deal? Add Auto-Pay to your account upon activation or renewal and you’ll save an extra $2/30 days.  This means you could get unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text for $25/30 days or $75 for 90 days! And don’t forget about all the other Rewards you can earn.

Check out the full details below to see how you, your friends, and your family can take advantage of this awesome plan.

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited period of time
  • Once an end date is communicated, it will be the last day to activate on the promo plan.  The promotional price will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the promotional plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer you can sign up for the promotional plan in self-serve. Just paid for your next 30/90 days? Don’t worry, you can future date a rate plan at any time during the promotion. This means after your current service period is up, you will automatically be switched to the promo plan.  

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in the promotional plan, you will need to call into the call centre in order to change your plan to the promotional plan. Please note that once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and you will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers

As a new customer, you can sign up for the promo plan during the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first! Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only so, if you want to take advantage of it, be sure to activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service.

Public Mobile Community team

230 REPLIES 230

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mtfolks wrote:

What the previous poster said is correct. You would sign up with autopay which would give you the $25/30 day price plan. If you don't want to set up autopay you could still get the plan for $27/30 days. Or if you wanted to set it up with autopay and cancel at the end of your term then you could just remove your credit card prior to your renewal date.

@The only thing I'm not sure about, and someone else might be able to clarify, is that if you're signing up as a new customer then I don't think the autopay credit would get applied until after your renewal date. So to the best of my knowledge you would sort of be paying @$27/30 days when you first sign up for service and get the discounted rate upon your first renewal.

@mtfolks

When you sign up as a new customer on autopay, the first autopay reward is not applied toward the first payment, but is saved for the second payment.  For a 30-day plan, that comes in the form of $2 credited immediately in available funds, which will sit in your account until the next renewal.  You will also get another $2 that shows up under autopay reward.  So, the first payment is full price, but the second payment (first renewal), gets $4 off ($2 available funds + $2 autopay rewards).  Therefore, the discounts on your first three payments on a 30-day plan looks like this:  $0, $4, $2.  Triple those amounts on a 90-day plan ($0, $12, $6).

First signup due will be 81 plus tax. Even if u do enabled autopay discount start from next renewal date.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What the previous poster said is correct. You would sign up with autopay which would give you the $25/30 day price plan. If you don't want to set up autopay you could still get the plan for $27/30 days. Or if you wanted to set it up with autopay and cancel at the end of your term then you could just remove your credit card prior to your renewal date.

The only thing I'm not sure about, and someone else might be able to clarify, is that if you're signing up as a new customer then I don't think the autopay credit would get applied until after your renewal date. So to the best of my knowledge you would sort of be paying @$27/30 days when you first sign up for service and get the discounted rate upon your first renewal.

If you signup for 81 dollar plan text talk plan and, use auto pay you will also get 6 dollars discount on your next renewal so instead of 81 you will be paying 75 dollars pet 90 days 25dollars for 30 days and if you decide not to keep the services then all you need to do remove autopay credit card details and.stop making payment and account will get inactive, but you do have 90 days if you do change your mind and want to reuse pm sim. After 90 days of inactivity then plan will get permanent suspended.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

liban961
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

if i take 90 days plan  i pay  $81 ($27/month)???

Unlimited province-wide talk and global text on a 90-day plan for $81 ($27/month) on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network.

i have to use auto pay every 3 month?

how to cancel service?

pratchak
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The best plan from the best provider. 

srlawren

@Someone_here nice catch, that's correct it would only be from then, not from 2011.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@jmagoo wrote:

Hi i'm not sure if i understood, for example i've been with PM since 2011, now that i'm on a new plan my loyalty rewards would count from 2011?

No, the reward would only count from when you switched your account to the new network (which means no earlier than May 2014).

More information here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Pioneers/Loyalty-reward-for-converting-Pioneer/m-p/156...

jmagoo

Hi i'm not sure if i understood, for example i've been with PM since 2011, now that i'm on a new plan my loyalty rewards would count from 2011?

@srlawren what about the back to school 1GB referal program?

Oh wait... Cat Frustrated

srlawren

@Acekiller are you referring to promos in general, or Public Mobile promos?  AFAIK, there's zero history of back to school promos at Public Mobile.  At least, in the year and a half I've been around anyway....

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

there is usually a back to school promo as well

collin1215
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TechFreakDad wrote:

Any promos coming up in the next few weeks?? Looking to switch ANOTHER number over.

No one knows when promos are coming up. We just had a $55 4GB promo that ended not to long ago. 

Promos are random, this is the same with any other mobile provider. But you could always keep an eye out during Black Friday and Christmas. 

firstdataplan

good plan... for someone does not need data.

TechFreakDad

Any promos coming up in the next few weeks?? Looking to switch ANOTHER number over.

srlawren

Great advice, @SD08.  I often forget that you have more flexibility in choosing a new number at activation than after the fact in the self-serve portal.  Thanks for thinking of that.

EDIT:  I definitely know the difference between advise [verb] and advice [noun].  Clearly I forgotted that earlier.  🙂

SD08

@RollyRules

To be clear, the point at which you get to select a phone number is not while ordering a SIM card, but during activation.  Those are two completely separate operations.  PM gives you plenty of numbers to choose from only at activation time.  They'll even let you customise the last 4 digits.  However, if you want to change your new number later, they will only show you a five choices at a time, and no last 4 digits customization.  It's best to spend some extra time selecting a good number during activation if you are not porting a number from elsewhere.

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RollyRules when you sign up with the SIM you can pick any number that comes up and keep refreshing the list until you find one you like.  You can also port in a number form another carrier later if you find a number you like somewhere else.

You won't be able to see the number untill you activate your SIM once you provide basic details and select plan then you will have a option to select number from multiple option also whatever you select you would still have another benefit to customize the last 4 digits as well

RollyRules
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thanx,

got as far as Ordering SIM # , but didnt see an option to select a new number.

Should have kept my BELL number (after 100 years with them!), but I was so angry at their pathetic performance I just up and cancelled everything!!!

Peace

WearySky

@RollyRules yes, you can choose from a couple of different numbers when signing up for a new number.  PM isn't going to have as good a selection of numbers as other providers will, though.  Of course, if you really care that much about having a good number you could sign up for a number with one of the bigger providers and then port your number over 🙂

RollyRules
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yo Bro,

Quick Question,

Before I commit, can we confirm a new phone number?

any say in what it can be?

Looks like a great plan, stoked to sign up

srlawren

Welcome to Public Mobile, and the community, @frankmobilepm!

frankmobilepm

I just got it today. With data add on it just right fit my needs. Great move and please keep up.

kinchattack

I realized the stupidity of my comment as I scrolled through my cellular usage. Spotify definitely is the king hog. 

WearySky

@kinchattack wrote:

As long as location services are turned off, and an appetite for social media can be limited I truly feel most of us could hold tight at 1gb. 

The *vast* majority of my data usage is streaming video and music, to be honest.  Next after that is regular web browsing.  Twitter and Facebook fall far far far down the list.

kinchattack

As long as location services are turned off, and an appetite for social media can be limited I truly feel most of us could hold tight at 1gb. 

@horemans wrote:
I was referring to the previous $55 deal, removed before the end, so those not familiar with the ways of PublicMobile, like my son, missed it.
Done is done. Two customers are lost. It is the way public works.

I am not sure what you mean by "before the end", but I can confirm (as a friend activated at that time) that the plan was available last Wednesday (May 10th, the last day of the promo as they announced it) at 7:15 PM...

SD08

@horemans

Even though your son missed that $55 promo, it's worth keeping those SIMS so he'll be ready to take advantage of the next PM promo when it appears, as I'm sure one will eventually.

horemans
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I was referring to the previous $55 deal, removed before the end, so those not familiar with the ways of PublicMobile, like my son, missed it.
Done is done. Two customers are lost. It is the way public works.
Need Help? Let's chat.