Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving forward together

Dave_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello Public Mobile community,

I want to thank all of you for your interest in Public Mobile’s fall promotion, which expired last night at midnight. The interest we have seen has been overwhelming and we are so happy to welcome all of you to our brand!

We realize many of you are still experiencing issues and I want to assure you that our team is continuing our focus on resolving customer issues faced during the promotional period.  This is our number one priority.

To accelerate resolving our backlog of issues we have our core support team working overtime, and we have asked for extra help throughout the organization. In addition we have our systems folks doing deep dives into the issues we’ve seen to find solutions ASAP.

I thank you for the patience you continue to show, and I look forward to continuing our conversation on the community as we move forward together.

Sincerely,

Dave.

218 REPLIES 218

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
So nice to see a positive attitude @Rick
Hopefully you get a resolution soon.

Rick
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for the update, public mobile has been great to me so I don't mind being patient while I wait for my plan to be fixed. I am confident everything will be resolved soon. Thank for the hard work guys.

It's not @Rockdaddy22 fault I should say to correct

Now now now, The attitude and Tone, that really needs to Stop.

@Rockdaddy22, it's not their fault, Nor anybody else's.

PM just didn't anticipate how doing a Promo can lead to other, unintended and unfathomable circumstances.

My advice, if U are not happy or extremely impatient, you're free to go to another carrier, PM is Prepaid, No contracts, No obligations.

PM may not be perfect, But they try, and I can't be any Prouder that PM is going beyond the call of duty to correct Errors 

@Dave_M, I would advise, Any future Promos, Ensure that, to best of PM's ability, ensure that any overwhelming and overbearing glitches or tech issues are well below threshold to ensure smooth transition

If glitches or tech issues go beyond that, Put Promo on ICE and correct the issues b4 restarting the Promo, so all can enjoy and have a positive experience, and positive attitude.

PM is still in its infancy beginning and it takes time, so bare that, Any carrier can have some severe turbulence, Go easy on the attitude

Rockdaddy22
I know, it's terrible lol If I had a life I wouldn't be here dealing with this crap 🙂

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yeah @Rockdaddy22, quit hanging around the forums trying to help people all the time.  Yeesh, get a life or something.

Rockdaddy22
Did I blame anyone? I wish pm would solve all these issues now, not going to happen. I would rather PM focus on people that have NO service on either sim. I care more about those people at the moment, sorry.

wshrews
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
You people were with these other companies, sometimes for years. Now you guys act like one more months bill is a killer.

You sure are self-righteous. Get a life dude. Stop hanging out on the forums trying to white knight a company and shifting blame onto everyone else.

Rockdaddy22
You people were with these other companies, sometimes for years. Now you guys act like one more months bill is a killer.

Rockdaddy22
So what's your problem?

Rockdaddy22
@MGS When was the first time you messaged a mod?

MG2

@Dave_M  I can't Bravo this announcement.  It doesn't tell us when our service will be fully restored.  How can this be acceptable business practice? I ported a number on October 29 and issues are still not resolved. It is November 22. Now 24 days later... 

Suggestions so far from the community:

1. power cycle phone - done

2. don't hijack outher peoples posts - done (sort of...)

3. Verify APN settings, SMSC settings etc... - done

3. contact them on this site, under get help, facebook, twitter and every other method - all done!

I appreciate the community and their help but enough is enough... we need technical issues resolved in good working time. 

arachnesun

Private message already send to them for 5 days... No response... 

wshrews

She was already working on my request. You actually believe that the normal support process would be to decide it's not important anymore and just drop it until whenever? That's absolutely too silly.

The fact is I don't care about how long it takes to fix all the other problems that occurred during registration. I just need my number to be ported before I get my next phone bill. I'm not coming from a more expensive plan and getting a discount on PM, so if I get another bill from my current phone company I'm not going to be able to simply make it up after a couple months of being on PM's offering.

@wshrews 

The Mods are essentially are go-betweens

They take member issues and get on the phone with Tier2 tech support

I can personally vouch for Saray going to 3 different groups 

They have said numerous times they are prioritizing requests based on severity

I know people who actually work for Bell PMC and when a request falls through it takes a while to fix

Now if the error is USER ERROR it takes 5 minutes to fix

wshrews

You guys actually think she's back there hacking away at the back end to fix things? ... There's not going to be anything she can do to port my phone number that would take her or anybody 3+ days. How do you think anything would ever get done?

@kav2001c agreed!  We dont know their internal workings.

@wshrews do understand most of these errors are not fixed via community. So if a mod (you called out Shazia) has not been online for days chances are she IS working on fixing something in the system for a client or multiple clients.

We have no access to their account system here.

NOT seeing mods online is actually a good thing

wshrews

Seriously though - you say they're working over time and yet @Shazia_K has not been online since Friday and nobody has bothered to pick up where she left off on my support ticket. If there's an actual shared inbox someone surely would have. Tired of being lied to by PM.

reggieb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks Dave.

Good to hear that you're aware that there's issues and are working on them.  I signed up for 2 new accounts each with separate issues.  I trust that you will address them soon. 

imcphers
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@arachnesun

You should send a private message to the moderators with your issue.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

It will take a few days for it to be read and resolved.

xxJDxx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Ralsky wrote:

I ordered my SIM on November the 15th, when I started trying to go through the activation process, it said it was going to charge me $185, so I stopped and decided to come post here as I don't want to be charged more than is necessary. Could somebody walk me through the steps of having the promo plan honored for my SIM purchase that happened before the cut-off date? My SIM only arrived today (lazy post office works don't like sorting mail.)

Would also like a confirmation as to just how long after the promo has ended that the plan will be honoured.

I can help you with that one. I had a mod answer that question for me in another post. Seen here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Ordering-amp-SIM-Card-Payment-amp-Pi...

clemensp

@Dave_M: +1 to what @goreckm said above.

My frustration would be lowered significantly if you provide periodic updates on how far back the backlog goes.  e.g. "We're working on issues from Nov 14."

I completely understand that there's a huge backlog, and I can happily wait if updates were provided.

It doesn't sound like a big ask. 🙂

goreckm

Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but it would be nice to have some status on how much backlog is left. (For example, they are currently looking at private messages from day X, or are Y days behind). This would at least give people a rough idea of how much time is left until their issue will be resolved.

Mannie
It's been almost 5 days...

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Subscribing, interesting post...

@Dave_M You need to have a better system to handle situation like this.  Otherwise many are upset in the situation.  

Welcome those who made it. Smiley Happy

jeremyesq
@Dave_M, nice post but it is missing two items:

a) An apology on behalf of Public Mobile for the many new customers who have endured hardships due to porting and other issues.

b) A pledge that Public Mobile has learned from the success of this promotion and will take appropriate measures to mitigate these issues next time.

Remember the old "Head and Shoulders" TV commercial? "You never get a second chance to make a first impression"

arachnesun

My friend's SIM activation failed on Nov 17, I helped to send email to PM, but no response until now..

Now we can neither use our previous provider's SIM, nor PM SIM.

Please do help in this URGENT case! Our support request (#3117-8551). Thanks!

Ralsky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered my SIM on November the 15th, when I started trying to go through the activation process, it said it was going to charge me $185, so I stopped and decided to come post here as I don't want to be charged more than is necessary. Could somebody walk me through the steps of having the promo plan honored for my SIM purchase that happened before the cut-off date? My SIM only arrived today (lazy post office works don't like sorting mail.)

Would also like a confirmation as to just how long after the promo has ended that the plan will be honoured.

Need Help? Let's chat.