Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving forward together

Dave_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello Public Mobile community,

I want to thank all of you for your interest in Public Mobile’s fall promotion, which expired last night at midnight. The interest we have seen has been overwhelming and we are so happy to welcome all of you to our brand!

We realize many of you are still experiencing issues and I want to assure you that our team is continuing our focus on resolving customer issues faced during the promotional period.  This is our number one priority.

To accelerate resolving our backlog of issues we have our core support team working overtime, and we have asked for extra help throughout the organization. In addition we have our systems folks doing deep dives into the issues we’ve seen to find solutions ASAP.

I thank you for the patience you continue to show, and I look forward to continuing our conversation on the community as we move forward together.

Sincerely,

Dave.

218 REPLIES 218

@eppie best thing is to contact a moderator via private message and they'll get you fixed up.

Easiest way to do this is to go onto the Users Online page and find someone with a MODtag beside their name. Hover your mouse over the name and you'll see a pop-up with an orange Send Message.

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I love your TL;DR.  Smiley Happy

JL

joetinoco
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Dave_M wrote:

We realize many of you are still experiencing issues and I want to assure you that our team is continuing our focus on resolving customer issues faced during the promotional period.  This is our number one priority.

Sounds reasonable, however I have sent two support e-mails, three tweets and 9 private messages to moderators, and have not received a single response in ten days now. My private messages aren't even marked as read.

So, if resolving customer issues is your number one priority, I assume there are way too many customers with issues (which concerns me) and you don't have enough staff to deal with the volume.

If you really want to put customers first, you need the resources to do so, otherwise it's just an empty discourse.

TL;DR: Please walk the talk.

Mango

eppie

Hi, I called to change to a new ($120/90 days with 12 GB) plan on Nov 19 and had made the payment on Nov 20, I had set up a future dated plan change for Nov 23, 2016. On Nov 23 my account was suspended. However, when I sign in to my account I have a credit of $120, that means payment to Public Mobile was there with the correct amount charged. Now that my phone is suspended for 2 days, what do I do now.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
They have 4 now Mary Shaz Saray and Caroline

@Rockdaddy22 I thought they had 3, added 1 or 2 more?

Rockdaddy22
Interesting

@Rockdaddy22 Yeah, you'd think PM would spread the workload out for the different services. I actually tested out a tweet and got a response within 5 minutes asking me to direct message, then 20 mins later with another response. I mentioned I was testing response time, and apologized for wasting their time, and never heard back from anyone! lol

Rockdaddy22
Then I think they work different days on those sites. For example SarayO might be on twitter or facebook today.

@Rockdaddy22 Cat_L posted here that tweets go to the moderators. "Twitter messages go to the same support agent feed as your Community posts and your private messages."

Makes me rethink telling people to use twitter for support, since it'll take moderators away from here.

Rockdaddy22
We used to only have 1 I believe. We'll have 4 soon

sportymi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are we getting more mods? now that we have so much more users.

Rockdaddy22
That's awesome news, thanks for the update.

Whitehat2

The account activation and number port were finally done last night.

Before that, I got "Sorry, your account activation request has failed".  I couldn't login login to self serve and I got a PM number slightly different from the number I intended to port.  My credit card was charged on day 1 though,

What I did yesterday were:

1. inspired by a community post (can't find it again though), clicked "create account" and entered the PM number (showing up on the phone after inserted the PM sim card).
2. received an SMS from PM for verification
3. log into self serve after enterring the verification code
4. changed the PM number to my SO number at self serve
5. my phone with the PM SIM started to show the SO number.  I was able to call/sms with the SO number but receiving was still no avail, except from another PM phone.  The SO sim still worked.
6. I got an SMS from the PM SIM saying my transfer request has been completed about 3 hours later.  Everything has been working since then.  I guess PM could have done something manually in the background during the 3 hours.

Rockdaddy22
Trust me, I agree. I hate all these stupid bugs, and wish they were fixed immediately.

srlawren
I should add, as an oracle, I make a point of raising these points to our friends at Public Mobile fairly regularly. I think PM is not unaware of the state of the union, but must be fairly constrained for resources, which seems expected for a flanker brand. Hopefully the influx of customers during the promo will add enough revenue for management to finally spend a little in fixing the systematic issues as much as possible within their constraints.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
@Rockdaddy22 nothing is ever perfect and every software system of any complexity has some measure of bugs or glitches. However, as a software professional you try to address the most prevalent issues of highest impact. I think the backlog of issues speaks to the prevalence of a handful of issues (well, in this case a product of prevalence and volume, but still), while the impact is pretty clear. I think people understand that the support staff are working very hard to try to address everything, but at the end of the day, they are treating the symptoms. What has been painfully slow (and long before the promo plan ever launched) is the pace of fixing the root cause of these bugs to prevent them. As I said, you can never fix every bug, but if a hand full of activation scenarios were resolved; some addition porting form refinements to guide better and minimize data entry issues, plus better, immediate feedback when issues arise; and the scheduled plan changes were made more robust, this would have a significant positive impact on new customer experience, and greatly reduce support cost.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
I guess every company is supposed to be perfect and never make mistakes. If your worried about security, then pay with vouchers.

@Rockdaddy22  ROFL!!!!

Rockdaddy22
No that's not true, just keep using the Fido sims until we get this resolved for you.

Olguita
Is it true that I shouldn't use the old service to allow the porting to happen? I'm afraid I've been missing a lot of calls and messages since I pulled out the Fido SIM card out.

Rockdaddy22
That's in normal times, these aren't normal times around here at the moment. Have you tried facebook or twitter support?

Olguita
The email message I received from PM stated they would respond in 48 hours. I haven't received any response at all. VERY FRUSTRATING!

Rockdaddy22
You'll be reimbursed for any unused time. Just keep using the Fido sims for now.

Olguita
I activated 2 SIM cards on Friday and Saturday, Nov 18 and 19. Transferred my old numbers from Fido. Up until today, Nov 24th, still having problems with not being able to receive calls or text messages. Can only receive messages from other PM users though. PLEASE HELP! My billing cycle from Fido starts in 2 days! HELP!!!!!!!!!

Rockdaddy22
I guess every company is supposed to be perfect and never make mistakes. If your worried about security, then pay with vouchers.

@Kattz You can only speculate what the backend problems are, and have no idea how easy / difficult / time-consuming they may be to fix. The only way to truly know is if you were a part of the PM team. Pick up a job application maybe?!

Don't get me wrong... I agree with you 100% that PM needs to fix these glitches, or even better, implement a newer system with the bugs ironed out. It's just you're at the end of a long line of people getting on their soapbox to tell Public Mobile what to do. Maybe now that PM has increased its customer base it can invest in upgrading and fixing their backend system (fingers crossed).

To be clear... the Community is here to help, not resolve! Think of it as a group of first responders. They show up first before the real help arrives. Yes, a lot of the answers get repetitive, but for first-time users of the community, it's helpful to get some direction if you're experiencing an issue. Please don't be insulting! Now that you know how Community works, you may have forgot that you were once in that same situation of needing some direction. Oh, but wait... since you're superior to the rest of us, that wouldn't of happened.

Your post... I do not find it "helpful" in any way. It just makes a frustrating sitution even worse.

KK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
SIM sales for the fall promo stopped on Nov. 16 as SIMS ordered after that day could not be activated in time to qualify for the promo. However, even the 6GB/3 month plan is well worth signing up for.

Kattz

Sorry Dave. I'm not impressed.  This isn't a free service. There is no way that the system should be this broken.  This might be a new way of running a phone company but that has nothing to do with the underlying technology.  I have an old ClearWire phone somewhere  around here that is older than a lot of these kids on this forum.  PCS was a new technology in 1995 and it worked perfectly. Telus inherited that perfectly functioning network in 2000.  Any programmer knows that you don't re-invent the wheel.  What could you possibly be doing that is SO different from any other cell phone company, software-wise? The same software that works for Telus and Koodo should have been ported to the Public Mobile system.

The community is a great idea for most things but no one other than  Public Mobile should be replying to inquiries about accounts.  I now need my fall promo plan fixed AND all of my account info changed.  I thought that i was dealing with a Public Mobile employee and I accidently sent personal account info to someone who had no business replying.  Members of the forum CANNOT help account inquiries.  I do not find it "helpful" in any way. It just makes a frustrating situation even worse. 

You should have had a lot more people working on this a long time ago.  I'm going to be contacting my credit card company if my problems aren't straightened out by tomorrow.  I'm just thankful that I used a pre-paid card. If you can't process payments and maintain accounts properly, I hate to see how bad your security  is.  It's probably only a matter of time before this company gets hacked and all of our credit card info is out on the Internet somewhere.

dabbler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

ya I follow Public (now) on facebook, hoping to find out next time. Im currently on the 6GB/month super plan with Rogers, so I wouldn't switch over for the existing offers.

Need Help? Let's chat.